The Modern American School is an internationally accredited institution. We have met and exceeded all standard requirements established by AdvancED, the largest community of education professionals in the world and international body for continuing educational development. AdvancED conducts rigorous, on-site external reviews of 32,000 PreK-12 schools and school systems around the globe. As MAS has gained access to the enhanced benefits of the community, it will continue to receive accreditation by the North Central Association (NCA), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC). The NCA, SACS, and NWAC accreditation seals are recognized across the United States and around the world and will continue to be the seals used by AdvancED to bestow accreditation.
Benefits for Our Students
- The accreditation process is standards-driven and student-centered with an emphasis on student performance and preparation for college life.
- Our students receive college acceptances from some of the world’s most selective and competitive institutions upon graduation. An MAS education paves the way to worldwide college acceptances and admissions offers that allow them access to scholarship and financial aid programs.
- The accreditation process provides professional development and important leadership opportunities for our faculty members and administrators. This means that our students receive an up-to-date education that has kept pace with the most effective and proven teaching practices.
- An MAS education ensures that our students are able to easily transfer to/from other international schools. This is because our international curriculums allow for smooth transitions and compatible programs of study, especially for those families who are constantly moving internationally.
- AdvancED brings the best available ideas about education practices and trends through innovative products, educational technologies, and the collective knowledge of peers.
Jordan’s Testing Center
Apart from being accredited from an international agency, MAS is also an accredited SAT and ICDL testing center due to its outstanding services and on-site facilities that meet international testing standards. MAS is also acknowledged as a Center for Excellence for being a pioneer in the effective use of technological teaching tools, such as interactive boards, E-books, Promethean Planet, and iPad educational applications.
- CIS (Council of International Schools).
- Jordanian Ministry of Education
- NESA (Near East South Asia).
- British Council
The Modern American School is licensed by the Jordanian Ministry of Education and enjoys a respected reputation among educational bodies within Jordan and overseas. MAS is a member of several international school associations, ensuring that students opting to remain in Jordan for college will receive the Jordanian Tawjihi Equivalency.